Talking Points from the Career Symposium and Training

I will like to share few lessons with us from one of our event I.e. Kayfactor Leadership and Career Academy termly career symposium for High School Students.


1. If there is a will, there is a way. I faced challenges bringing logistics together but the will to succeed, the will to impact made me came through.

2. A students asked me, Sir, what is the solution to procrastination and I replied "Just start". Anything you want to do, just do it, do not wait till tomorrow.

3. As an emerging Social Entrepreneur or Entrepreneur, its not all about money. You need people to come through, you need loyal friends who can stand by you during hard times and you need resilience to keep going. Sometimes, your first sponsors are your friends, families, colleagues and you. Hence, spend time building relationships and be humble, Humility pays.

4. A students asked me, Sir, I want to study theatre art but my parents are not in support because of illicit act. I replied " you can become an artiste without acting illicit". I told her to focus more on building her character. I gave example of Juliana Olayode aka Toyo baby in Jenifas Diary, how she acts with modesty. I told her, she can learn a lot from that lady. I also said if she is unable to convince her parents, she can study other course but she should not stop pursuing her dreams on the other side. I told her she runs her show and nobody can stop her from becoming what she wants to become except her.

Guys, in life we keep learning and we keep growing. Never stop learning.

Kayode Alabi (Career Coach)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REPORTS: Over 500 High School Students Were Reached in 3 Fridays

Happy Anniversary (KLCA is a year old)

Project L.E.C.T set out to reach 150 Secondary School Students in Ilorin